MEMOIR OF A MASSACRE
- ANDREW BELMONT - VOCALS
- RACHEL SCOTT - GUITAR
- RYAN BAGGETT - GUITAR
- BRITTANY YARNELL - DRUMS
IMAGES ALBUM REVIEW:
- NOTHING LEFT - Before the blistering barrage of guitar play comes in,they take you to a world of tranquility with the calming sounds of piano play. It is like they want to comfort you before they shove you into an atmosphere of relentless metal greatness. The reign of heaviness pursues you most of the song before getting back to a happy place with some well played guitar work that you wish would just play for ever.The screams during the song are not over bearing and should satisfy many genres of metal fans.
- PUSH TO BREAK - This song is dominated by a lot of cleans,which was a surprise after hearing the first track, but not a bad surprise at all. Although it starts out with screams and then a few more well placed throughout the song, it is the cleans that makes this song so addictive.The quality of guitar and drum work is also apparent in this song. I love this song and can easily see this track being one of the bands songs that connects with a broader audience.
- HOUSE OF THE WICKED - If you are a fan of SLIPKNOT I believe you are going to be digging this track. It has that vibe throughout the whole song, but still feels fresh in its on way. Once again its another KILLER song and gets you to the middle of the EP with 3 continuous hits.
- PARANOID SUICIDE - HEAVY, HEAVY ,HEAVY guitar work in this song.This is the shortest song on the album and feels even shorter because you get so wrapped up in the flow of the song. Screams and low growls takes you back to a heavier tone on the album, which is were I think the band is at its greatest. This track is masterful and the sound of the bass drum states that they not only want you to hear what is going on ,but they want you to feel it.
- POSSESSION - You can tell at the start of this song, that it is building up to the point where it is ready to explode. When it finally kicks in, it is in your face and does not disappoint. The vocals could not be any better when the band is in full assault. With so many good songs on this EP it is starting to feel like a GREATEST HITS ALBUM.
- CONFLICT - A Metalcore song at its finest and a PERFECT way to end the album. It brings a little of all of ANDREWS vocal ranges together for one last, okay hear it is and this is what we are all about. The band is brutal and they seem to put their heart and soul in making sure this EP leaves one final lasting impression before they end this POWERFUL and KICK@SS ALBUM. It was without a doubt one of the best EPs I have heard.
THIS IS BY FAR MY HIGHEST RATING OF AN ALBUM REVIEW EVER: 4.5 out of 5